Skip to main content

Spicing Up Your Party

I love to have parties.  Getting together with friends for a night of laughter is great whatever the excuse.   In honor of Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites I am going write up my favorite  Fiesta. So read about my fun party and join the party at Pesos 4 Quesos for a chance to win a $3,500 “Fiesta Grande” from Farm Rich that you can play between March 19 and May 4.

I love theme parties, there is nothing like taking a theme and finding creative ways to make it a night full of laughter.  One year we had a Spicy South of Border party.  We started this theme with the invitations.  I created a passport style invitation requesting each couple to provide their passport at customs.  Our Customs was an entry table with south of the border drinks, margaritas and  mojitos were traded for passports.  We had a friend from brazil making a local drink.

Once in the door the decorations are kept simple.  I love a really clean house to showcase what I have really worked on for years.  I keep decorations located mainly at the tables and where food is displayed. Creating a  food table decorated with a colorful table cloth, sombreros and fun latin american items I have from my travels is inviting.

For entertainment we had our great group of friends with lively conversation,  a sombrero, maracas  and a cartoonist.   For this party we required one of our props to be used during posing.  I love to have cartoonists at parties, They are fun to watch and  the picture elicits some very entertaining banter.  We have a great collection of cartoons from the many parties over the years.

For my favorite part the food!  When it's a small party I like to make the food.  Sometimes I order part of the food and make side dishes for larger groups.  For my for delicious south food we did a taco bar, that way everyone can make tacos to suit their taste.  For a sweet treat Mexican Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies and Flan.  Flan is so easy to make.  I use a flan pan however a small oven proof baking dish will work as well.

5 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions: Mix eggs and SCmilk and vanilla extract together slowly as to create and few bubbles as posable.  I use a silicone spatula for the slow mixing.  Melt sugar in a small sauce pan until it is a light carmel brown.  You will want to do this over medium heat and don't leave it while it is melting.  Once your sugar is melted put into your small baking dish. If your are using a flan pan just leave your sugar in your pan. Let sugar cool.  Once your sugar has cooled, poor the flan mixture into the baking dish and cover with foil or place flan lid in place and secure.  Place you baking dish in a water bath (another larger baking dish with 1 inch of water).  Bake in the over at 350 for about 1 1/2 hours.


  • Green  Shellfish
  • Pink Gluten
  • Yellow Nuts
  • Blue  Soy
  • Orange Fish
All my menu needs is an appetizer. I think Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites.  Some creamy bite size queso snacks with a kick are something I am really looking forward to trying.  I think I need to go to Pesos 4 Quesos  and see if I can win some coupons.

To wrap up this great party.  I bought some sassy named  hot sauces from a local mexican place in Tampa.  We announced the sauces as we handed them out.  Many had some mild cuss words and all brought a roar a laughter. It was a spicy end to our festive night.  I hope this inspires you to have fiesta of your own.



"I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points.  The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.  To read more posts on this topic, click here."


Image: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Popular posts from this blog

Maple & Spice Pumpkin Seeds

Yum! I am really enjoying pumpkin carving this year!!

Seeds from 1 med pumpkin
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp olive oil

Directions
Clean rinse and dry pumpkin seeds. Mix ingredients in separate bowl. Add seeds and completely coat all seeds. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Spread pumpkin seeds out evenly on foil and bake until crispy about 45 mins. Enjoy your sweet treat!!





Green  ShellfishPink GlutenYellow NutsBlue  SoyPurple MilkRed EggsOrange Fish

Brownies

I love this quick recipe that I don't feel as guilty about. Use your favorite organic or all natural brownie mix 1 cup fruit and vegetable juice  1 tbsp olive oil  Mix ingredients together.  grease an 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Green  ShellfishYellow NutsBlue  SoyPurple MilkRed EggsOrange Fish



Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Super Easy Blueberry Muffins

I love to make things that are easy when the kids are home so I can spend more time with them.  This is just the recipe.

1 package preservative free blueberry muffin mix
2/3 cups of water
1/2 cup of Ricotta cheese
2 eggs

Directions: If your mix has canned blueberries.  Put them to the side.  Mix all other ingredients together.  When everything is incorporated fold in blueberries.  Fill your muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes.  Enjoy your family time.



Green  ShellfishYellow NutsBlue  SoyOrange Fish


Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net