Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Silkology recipes and sweepstakes

I have to be honest, even though I have been working with food allergies I have never tried silk. When Silk contacted me to write about their new Silkology recipes I was so excited.  We because you know I love to eat and try new foods.  I am impressed with several of the recipes silk is calling Silkology.  After trying a few of the Silk Varieties, I found I really like the coconut milk.  I love coconut water and so Silk's Coconut Milk was a perfect fit for me.  I even found myself making up a new latte for my self using Coconut milk.

Coconut Carmel Latte
2 shots expresso
1/2 cup of warm Silk Coconut milk
1 tbsp of carmel sauce
Yum!! great way to start the day.



As I was looking at the Silkology recipes my coffee did not come to mind, however my end of the summer pool party did.  Every year we have a pool party for the kids friends and any new kids coming into our school.  The Silkology recipes are so fresh and perfect for summer that I was immediately drawn to the Pina Coloda  and Mango Lass i.  Both of these drinks have fresh fruit and work well with tropical theme.  I plan to garnish both with fresh fruit and fun drink straws with name labels for the kids. These drinks will be the perfect refreshment for the kids.  With 50% more calcium than milk, less fat than milk  and my favorite no GMO's.

You can find these recipes and more at the Silkology Facebook page.  These are great recipes you can feel good about serving at your next get together.
Silk inspired me to think outside of the bowl with their new Silkology-inspired drink recipes. Tell me something new you want to try this summer when entertaining to win a Silkology prize package.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...