Skip to main content

KD'S Southern Cuisine

Oklahoma City, Bricktown
http://kdsbricktown.com

I know I have not been online much. I am so sorry to my readers. However, I have decided to make the best use of my time on these roads trips my family loves so much.  Me not so much, but I love my family more. So I am happy they are happy.  
So on the road. We stopped in Oklahoma City. The manager at the hotel recommended we go to Kd's for dinner. He told us about the chicken and waffles and the Brussel sprouts. He was not kidding. My son devoured the chicken and waffles. My husband ordered the T-bone steak. It was a thin cut, topped with fried onions. He really liked it but I know he likes a bit thicker steak. My daughter had ribs and the Brussel sprouts. The Brussel sprouts were amazing.  The ribs were ok. I was going to order the shrimp and grits, but it's cooked in bacon.  I know most people love bacon. Sorry I am not one.  So I opted for soup and salad. I had the French onion soup. Very thick layer of cheese. They put croutons under the cheese in stead of a crusty bread. I thought the soup was good. I think next time I will get a side salad and some of those amazing Brussel sprouts.  This is good southern food, so for the vegitarians the options are thin. I recommend you try it. 

Bricktown has it's own appeal. Great pedestrian walking area. Parking is a bit tough, keep driving around and you will find something. We saw a minor league ( I am assuming) baseball field with a game going on.  Lots of restaurants, a few shops and a movie theater. I heard there is a bowling ally in the area however I did not see it. They have a mini river walk and it looked like a boat taxi. One end had a bass pro and a few hotels within walking distance.  This is worth a stop if you are driving through the area. Just head to downtown. Happy travels. 

These are just my opinions and no compensation was offered.


Popular posts from this blog

Maple & Spice Pumpkin Seeds

Yum! I am really enjoying pumpkin carving this year!!

Seeds from 1 med pumpkin
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp olive oil

Directions
Clean rinse and dry pumpkin seeds. Mix ingredients in separate bowl. Add seeds and completely coat all seeds. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Spread pumpkin seeds out evenly on foil and bake until crispy about 45 mins. Enjoy your sweet treat!!





Green  ShellfishPink GlutenYellow NutsBlue  SoyPurple MilkRed EggsOrange Fish

Brownies

I love this quick recipe that I don't feel as guilty about. Use your favorite organic or all natural brownie mix 1 cup fruit and vegetable juice  1 tbsp olive oil  Mix ingredients together.  grease an 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Green  ShellfishYellow NutsBlue  SoyPurple MilkRed EggsOrange Fish



Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Super Easy Blueberry Muffins

I love to make things that are easy when the kids are home so I can spend more time with them.  This is just the recipe.

1 package preservative free blueberry muffin mix
2/3 cups of water
1/2 cup of Ricotta cheese
2 eggs

Directions: If your mix has canned blueberries.  Put them to the side.  Mix all other ingredients together.  When everything is incorporated fold in blueberries.  Fill your muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes.  Enjoy your family time.



Green  ShellfishYellow NutsBlue  SoyOrange Fish


Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net