I have no idea why these are called German. I learned the recipe years ago and they were called German potatoes so the name has stuck. This is a super easy recipe.
4 large red potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large sweet onion
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste
1. Place oilive oil in skillet, heat until it sizzles when you drip a bit of water.
2. Cube potatoes and place in skillet.
3. Slice onion into slivers place in skittle and cover with lid.
4. Stir every few minutes until potatoes are tender. About 15 minutes. Keep an eye and adjust your heat to keep things from burning.
6. Add one tbsp of Worcestershire sauce at a time and mix.
7. Add garlic and salt mix and serve hot.