Skip to main content

Carmel Apple Cookies

The Carmel Apple Cake was such a huge hit.  The girls at school were asking for it.  However with sauce it does not travel as easy as say a cookie so here is my answer.   Cookies are so easy for travel and I am excited to take them to volleyball tonight.

    Ingredients for cake
    1 and 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 very large organic apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small cubes
    2 large eggs
    3/4 cup sugar
    3 tbsp Frangelico 
    1 tsp vanilla
    6 tbs  butter, melted 
    12 chewy carmel candies
Directions

Sift four baking powder and salt.  Melt butter and mix in to flour with a whisk until crumbly.  

Mix eggs, sugar, frangelico, and vanilla until creamed.  slowly add mixture to flour mixture whisking all the time.  Continue mixing until smooth.

Add your chopped apple and fold into the batter.  

I covered my cookie sheet with foil and greased it. Pre-heat oven to 350.



Now comes the tricky part.  This works easiest if you use two of your silverware spoons.  I used one of my larger spoons and one smaller. Scoop batter with the larger spoon push a carmel candy into the middle and use your smaller spoon to cover with batter and push on to your cookie sheet.   I was able to make 12 cookies, I made them large enough that my carmel was in the middle of each cookie. 

Bake cookies for 8 to 10 mins.  Keep an eye on them.  




  • Green  Shellfish
  • Yellow Nuts
  • Blue  Soy
  • Orange Fish



    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Shrimp and Potato Soup

    2 cups of water 1/4 large chopped onion 1 cup chopped organic carrot 1 can evaporated milk (organic preferred) 1/2 pound fresh peeled shrimp 1 tbsp chicken base organic 3 large red skin golden potatoes organic 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper 1 teaspoon of sea salt 1 teaspoon butter organic 1 teaspoon olive oil organic directions:  saute onion and carrots with  olive oil until onions are translucent.  puree onion and carrots with 1/2 cup of water and chicken base.  In a large pot put remainder of water and puree mix.  If your child does not like the peel on the potato, peel and dice.  Put potatoes in soup base and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.  Saute shrimp in a skillet with butter and half of the salt and pepper.   When shrimp are pink add to soup base.  Add the remainder of the salt and pepper and evaporated milk. Let simmer for another couple of minutes and serve. Pink  Gluten Yello...

    Goat Cheese Apps

    I love to put this out when friends are coming to hang out.  It looks pretty and tastes great. 1 log of goat cheese 1 tbsp minced sun dried tomatoes 1 tbsp minced fresh dill salt grinder  pepper grinder Directions:  Slice goat cheese into 4 slices.  Roll two slices in sun dried tomatoes and arrange on plate.  Roll two slices in dill and arrange on plate.  Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper.  Serve with whole wheat crackers. Green   Shellfish Pink  Gluten Yellow  Nuts Blue   Soy Red  Eggs Orange  Fish

    The Versatile Blogger Award

    I am so excited to announce that Healthy Mom for Junk Food Kids has been awarded the  Versatile Blog Award  by  The Antics of An Autism Mom .  I was so surprised when Jen sent me the message.  If you get a chance please visit Jen's site  The Antics of An Autism Mom .  I'd like to say thank you to to Jen for giving me this award.  I feel honored that my work is being recognized.  Thank you so much! Recipients of this award are asked to: Thank the person that nominated their blog for the award with a backlink to them. List 7 things about themselves. Award 15 newly discovered blogs with the award and notify them of the award. So here we go 7 things about me...... I love to cook as everyone knows but I hate the cleaning!! I love to garden, sometimes I get lost in time in my own yard! I would love to go to Italy and cook with local people. I love animals, I am a total sucker for puppies and their chicken noodle breath! I love t...