Skip to main content

Spinach Salad


 This makes a very nice simple side salad.

15 oz of organic spinach
3 tbsp blue Cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup of dried cherries

Dressing;
1 clove garlic
2 tsp honey
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
2 tbsp Raspberry vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil

Directions;  Place spinach,  Blue cheese, almonds and cherries together on salad plate.  Dressing:  grate garlic and mix dressing ingredients together.  I like to put the  dressing on the side so that each person can adjust the amount they want.


  • Green  Shellfish
  • Pink Gluten
  • Blue  Soy
  • Red Eggs
  • Orange Fish


Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Comments

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a nice simple spinach salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shrimp and Potato Soup

2 cups of water 1/4 large chopped onion 1 cup chopped organic carrot 1 can evaporated milk (organic preferred) 1/2 pound fresh peeled shrimp 1 tbsp chicken base organic 3 large red skin golden potatoes organic 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper 1 teaspoon of sea salt 1 teaspoon butter organic 1 teaspoon olive oil organic directions:  saute onion and carrots with  olive oil until onions are translucent.  puree onion and carrots with 1/2 cup of water and chicken base.  In a large pot put remainder of water and puree mix.  If your child does not like the peel on the potato, peel and dice.  Put potatoes in soup base and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.  Saute shrimp in a skillet with butter and half of the salt and pepper.   When shrimp are pink add to soup base.  Add the remainder of the salt and pepper and evaporated milk. Let simmer for another couple of minutes and serve. Pink  Gluten Yello...

Goat Cheese Apps

I love to put this out when friends are coming to hang out.  It looks pretty and tastes great. 1 log of goat cheese 1 tbsp minced sun dried tomatoes 1 tbsp minced fresh dill salt grinder  pepper grinder Directions:  Slice goat cheese into 4 slices.  Roll two slices in sun dried tomatoes and arrange on plate.  Roll two slices in dill and arrange on plate.  Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper.  Serve with whole wheat crackers. Green   Shellfish Pink  Gluten Yellow  Nuts Blue   Soy Red  Eggs Orange  Fish

The Versatile Blogger Award

I am so excited to announce that Healthy Mom for Junk Food Kids has been awarded the  Versatile Blog Award  by  The Antics of An Autism Mom .  I was so surprised when Jen sent me the message.  If you get a chance please visit Jen's site  The Antics of An Autism Mom .  I'd like to say thank you to to Jen for giving me this award.  I feel honored that my work is being recognized.  Thank you so much! Recipients of this award are asked to: Thank the person that nominated their blog for the award with a backlink to them. List 7 things about themselves. Award 15 newly discovered blogs with the award and notify them of the award. So here we go 7 things about me...... I love to cook as everyone knows but I hate the cleaning!! I love to garden, sometimes I get lost in time in my own yard! I would love to go to Italy and cook with local people. I love animals, I am a total sucker for puppies and their chicken noodle breath! I love t...