I made this after a long day of working, myself and the kids were tired. Pasta is our comfort food so I whipped this up fast so everyone could rest. Especially me. Very little clean up made it even better.
One package portobello mushrooms
Half medium red onion
1 tsp chicken soup base
1 cup cooking sherry
1 jar of preservative free Alfredo sauce
2 lbs organic meatballs ( mine are frozen)
Pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
1 package fettuccine nido
1. Slice onion and mushrooms
2. Place in sauce pan and cook with butter on medium. Until liquid from mushrooms is starting to thicken a little.
3. Add soup base and mix into liquid.
4. Add sherry and meatballs let simmer five minutes.
5. Add cream sauce, simmer on low 10 minutes.
6. Cook pasta al dente.
7. Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta.
This will please even the pickiest of eaters.
I am off to snuggle with my family and watch PLL.