Skip to main content

Cuban Steaks


1 lb. Hormone and antibiotic free thin cut steaks 
1/4 organic sweet onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp organic lemon juice
Salt grinder 
pepper grinder

Directions: Your steaks should be cut breakfast steak thickness. I like to have them cut a rump roast for my steaks. I have the butcher cut my steaks so they come out even and saves me time. Take each steak and sprinkle with salt and pepper then pound with a meat tenderizer. Turn steak over and repeat.  Complete this process with each steak. 
Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot,  place steaks one at a time in the skillet and brown both sides.  When this is complete remove steaks and place on a plate together.  Add thin sliced onions to skillet and sautĆ© when they are almost cooked through add lemon juice sautĆ© one more minute and pour liquid and onions over steaks and serve.  This dish goes great with Aunt Gladys' Black Beans.


  • Green  Shellfish
  • Pink Gluten
  • Yellow Nuts
  • Blue  Soy
  • Purple Milk
  • Red Eggs
  • Orange Fish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Versatile Blogger Award

I am so excited to announce that Healthy Mom for Junk Food Kids has been awarded the  Versatile Blog Award  by  The Antics of An Autism Mom .  I was so surprised when Jen sent me the message.  If you get a chance please visit Jen's site  The Antics of An Autism Mom .  I'd like to say thank you to to Jen for giving me this award.  I feel honored that my work is being recognized.  Thank you so much! Recipients of this award are asked to: Thank the person that nominated their blog for the award with a backlink to them. List 7 things about themselves. Award 15 newly discovered blogs with the award and notify them of the award. So here we go 7 things about me...... I love to cook as everyone knows but I hate the cleaning!! I love to garden, sometimes I get lost in time in my own yard! I would love to go to Italy and cook with local people. I love animals, I am a total sucker for puppies and their chicken noodle breath! I love to read and my friends always call me

Carmel Apple Cake

I have been craving apples and have more ideas on the horizon so stay tuned.  This cake exceeded my expectations.  And the carmel sauce got rave reviews.  The cake did not make it more than a few hours and I was thinking of making another. Ingredients for cake 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp of unbleached all purpose flour 3/4 tsp baking powder 1/8 tsp salt 3 very large organic apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1-inch chunks 2 large eggs 3/4 cup sugar 2 tbsp Frangelico  1 tsp vanilla 6 tbs  butter, melted  Ingredients for Carmel Sauce 6 tbsp organic butter 1 tsp frangelico 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup organic milk Directions;  This cake is a couple of steps but it really is worth the extra effort.  Pre-heat oven to 350. Peel, core and chop apples into cubes. sift flour, baking powder, and salt.  with a whisk mix in melted butter until crumbly.   In a separate bowl cream eggs and sugar until slightly frothy.  Add in Frangelico and vanilla.  Mi

Diablo Potato Salad

This sounds spicy but really it is a kid friendly potato salad that is red like a devil, without the kick that kids run from. Make this next time you have a cook out, packed with flavor it is sure to have people coming back for seconds. 3 pounds  baby  Yukon gold potatoes, halved 1 tsp Salt 1 tbsp smoked  sweet  paprika 1/2 tsp  pepper 1/2 tsp chile lime seasoning 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon minced chives Directions: put cut potatoes in boiling water and cook for  about 20 minutes until tender.   While potatoes are cooking, Mix remainder of ingredients together.  I used a whisk to make sure everything was incorporated well. When potatoes are done,  drain and mix well with dressing while potatoes are still hot.  Serve at room temperature.  Green   Shellfish Pink  Gluten Yellow  Nuts Blue   Soy Purple  Milk Red  Eggs Orange  Fish This recipe was featured by healthy Mommy healthy baby  http://jess